Friday, September 19, 2014

Water

Something that I've developed a taste for over the past few years is plain water.

Now, that might seem strange, but I used to be the girl who always had a Diet Coke in her hand, a Sprite at dinner, and other sugary water-replacers that did absolutely nothing for me.

Then college happened.

Now, you may ask why a change in scenery made me give up my lovely soda addiction. Well, here is your answer.

1. Soda is WAY too expensive (and who wants to throw away THAT much money?)
(Besides this cute baby, that is.)

2. Water with lemons is delicious

3. Being vegan has complicated my soda intake because they're not all vegan-friendly

So, now that I understand the value and "thrill" of water, (and if you're interested in that, just Google it) I drink it constantly.

But, for those of you who are like me, water takes some... getting used to.

So, here are my tips for drinking enough H20:

  • Add some fruit that you like to your water (seriously, sounds obvious but you're be more likely to drink it if you actually like it... shocker.)
  • Keep away from "triggers" (You can't drink soda if it's not there...)
  • Don't quit cold-turkey because you'll have caffeine headaches and you'll hate yourself 
  • TREAT YO SELF 
    • Notice that you haven't had a soda in (remarkable amount of time for you)? Let yourself enjoy one
  • If you do buy soda, buy smaller cans
    • This serves two purposes, one to make sure you don't drink absentmindedly and two to make sure you know how much you've had instead of "half of a two liter"


SO NOW, let's salute water.



No comments:

Post a Comment